Since 1985, the “Statistics of the Austrian Conference on Adult Education” project group has been drawing up statistics reports on all the adult education associations in Austria. It gathers the most important institutional and performance-related key figures on adult education. Both KEBÖ’s statistics reports and the data sheets of the individual institutions can be retrieved from this database.
The work on gathering common statistics that unite the public adult education institutions started with the founding of the “Statistics Project Group” in 1980. Since then, the Association of Austrian Adult Education Centres (VÖV) has been in charge of it. One of the most significant structural features of adult education in Austria – one of the largest sectors in the Austrian educational system – is its complexity and its wide variety of institutions. The adult education institutions emerged from different contexts and, besides many other aspects, differ from each other by means of their size and responsibilities. Since the collection of data began, these differences have continued to pose the biggest problem for drawing up statistics on Austrian adult education. A lack of agreement on a unified terminology for the recording of comparable data has been a central problem in data acquisition up to today.
Since 1985, the “Statistics of the Austrian Conference on Adult Education” project group has been drawing up statistics on the public adult education institutions. It gathers the most important institutional and performance-related key figures on adult education. The following institutions are members of the Conference:
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Bildungshäuser Österreich (ARGE BHÖ): Working group of Austrian educational centres
- Berufsförderungsinstitut Österreich (BFI): Austrian vocational training institute
- Büchereiverband Österreichs (BVÖ): Umbrella organisation of public libraries in Austria
- Forum Katholischer Erwachsenenbildung in Österreich (FORUM): Forum for catholic adult education in Austria
- Ländliches Fortbildungsinstitut (LFI): Rural continuing education institute
- Ring Österreichischer Bildungswerke (RÖBW): Network of Austrian adult education institutes
- Volkswirtschaftliche Gesellschaft Österreich (VG-Ö): Austrian Economic Society
- Verband Österreichischer Gewerkschaftlicher Bildung (VÖGB): Association of adult education for Austrian trade unionists
- Verband Österreichischer Volkshochschulen (VÖV): Association of Austrian Adult Education Centres
- Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut der Wirtschaftskammer Österreichs (WIFI): The Austrian economic chamber’s institute of economic promotion